And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen. ~Ward Elliot Hour

Saturday, December 18, 2010

And We are LIVE!!



Okay so I apologize to all, but though our move around the world was fairly seamless there were a few little snafus; one being our inability to access our blog page in English....I could do Cantonese or even Mandarin, but English was just not in the cards until we discovered the beauty of the VPN...so now we are ONLINE!!!

Where do I begin??? WE LOVE IT HERE. We live in an outlying island community called Discovery Bay on Lantau Island. It is family friendly with parks and greenspaces galore for the kids to play in. We live in a high rise on the 9th floor, which is really only the 5th or so floor, but that is for another blog about culture. We have about 1100 square feet with 3 bedrooms, and surprisingly it is just the right amount of room. The little girls are sharing a room with bunk beds which they dig, and Jordyn has a loft bed all her own. The kitchen is nice, and fairly functional....it includes our washerdryer.....yes I meant to make that one word since it is one tiny machine. The laundry is going to be the P I A here in HK. I have 3 little girls who like to change 3 times a day plus Ken and I and any other sheets towels or incidentals, oh and did I mention that our W/D is the size of a hamster wheel. So, lets just say I am ALWAYS doing laundry!!! Oh well.

The girls are all in school, and we are pleased with both of their placements. Addie is too young for anything but a play group....and well I am not going to pay tuition to go and play with my 3rd kid. Sorry Addie mommy does love you, but been there done that, and No need to do that again:-) Jordyn is in Lantau International, which is a trip. It is on the southern part of the Island in the back of an actual fishing village....not bells and whistles here, but EXCELLENT teachers and curriculum:-) Ava will be attending Discovery Minds Kindergarten 5 afternoons a week. She is in the Bi lingual program and will have 1 English teacher and 1 Mandarin teacher we are super excited for her to get such great exposure to the language and culture. She gets to wear a super cute uniform, and so all are happy:-)

Ken and I are enjoying our time....Ken leaves on his first trip on Tuesday and returns Friday at midnight. He is super excited, though is a little scared that he has forgotten how to fly in the past 4 weeks:-) We have done a little exploring of the city and will leave that for another blog. So time to take the girls to the park before they kill each other!! Will blog more later:-)

Erika

2 comments:

  1. E~

    I LOVE the blog! I plan on being a daily follower. I am soooo glad that all seems well. Cant wait to hear about all that you encounter and enjoy! Waiting with baited breath......

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I'm so psyched for you guys that the experience seems to be exceeding expectations so far. Love the blog and will be a "follower". Keep the posts of your adventures coming. By the way, that mini W/D may be a blessing in disguise. You can only wash what you need! (I remember what your couch used to look like...at least the shape of it.)

    Give the girls a hug for us!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete