And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen. ~Ward Elliot Hour

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A little behind the times.....





So a lot has been happening around here....the long and short of it is; well Real Life. School, errands, and responsibilities have begun again and we are settling into our new life. The girls LOVE their new schools, and Ken is really enjoying the flying. He has been to Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and of course China:-) I am having a great time exploring the city, and have qualified my certification here so that I too can work part time. I have gone on 2 amazing hikes, and am hooked. The hiking here is AMAZING, and the best part is that it is literally in our back yard. I have to say that one of my favorite parts about living here is by far the extremes that are available to us.....the amazing outdoors, and an amazingly vibrant city. We could not have asked for a better environment for the girls to grow up in.

Today we went to an area in Western Kowloon in the New Territories called the Wet Lands.....it was interesting to say the least, and my highlight of the trip was renting a rickshaw....or as we call it; the Hong Kong mini van. The girls enjoyed catching goldfish with nets (and eventually they gave up on those and just used their hands:-) , horseback riding, and ice-cream. It was an experience, and we all enjoyed the day.

We have explored a lot of the city, and the girls are HUGE fans of Sham Shui Po, or as I call it Hong Kong Target. You can find anything you want or don't want in an area that is fun for all. There is an entire area for electronics, so Ken is happy, a toy area and the best are the bead shops.....or shall I say bead bins in an alley.

Well off to referee a battle of epic proportions...(some things don't change even on the other side of the world:-).

Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment